Welcome to the TxCDC employment opportunity center. Don’t see a job opening? Check back often, we will post opportunities as they are made available here.
At TxCDC, we’re all about creating jobs by assisting enterprising owners with financing and growing their businesses. This is made possible through the efforts and hard work of a dedicated team of experienced experts in SBA 504 and small business financing. If you are interested in joining the TxCDC team, please review the following job openings.
Current Job Openings:
Business Development Officers for Houston Area and Corpus Christi/Lower Rio Grande Valley Regions
Texas Certified Development Company, a successful, creative lender – loan service organization, has an excellent opportunity for a motivated salesperson to sell loan products to expanding small businesses.
The Business Development Officer (BDO) is responsible for generating SBA 504 loans within an assigned territory. Annual production objectives are generally around $10 million.
- Interview small business loan applicants to gather information relative to their business needs, abilities and earnings to determine whether loans may be an acceptable risk.
- Initiate, negotiate and gather the records and data necessary to package Small Business Administration loans for prospective business customers through an organized calling program.
- Generate qualified referrals within an assigned territory.
- Actively participate in external community activities to promote TxCDC and to develop a business referral network.
- Work well independently, have an ability to develop and maximize a referral network, consistently prospect for new business, and commit to and achieve sales goals.
Candidate must have a minimum of 3-5 years sales experience in the financial services industry and be willing to travel at least 25% of the time for prospecting and selling. This position is ideally suited for candidates based in Houston, Dallas or Fort Worth. Candidate must excel at finding and closing opportunities with a relatively long sales cycle. Experience with SBA lending and credit assessment is helpful. College degree is preferred.
- Generate new business through prospecting, outside calling, networking and referrals. Make a substantial number of outside, in-person calls on prospects and clients requiring extensive automobile travel.
- By year-end, achieve 100% of established annual production objective (APO) that will be determined at or near the beginning of every year. Achieve at least 20% of the established APO in the first calendar quarter; 25% in the second and third calendar quarters; and 30% in the fourth calendar quarter. The quarterly objectives are based on management’s determination of the funding seasonally within the SBA industry.
- Develop and implement marketing activities within the budgetary constraints established by management.
- Develop and maintain a referral source database of area business owners, commercial real estate brokers and lenders, and other contacts who support the overall SBA marketing purposes.
- Maintain and apply a thorough understanding of SBA’s eligibility requirements and all necessary business practices to ensure the submission of accurate and complete loan application packages.
- Actively participate in local SBA district functions with assigned marketing area.
- Provide management with input regarding current policies and practices.
- Assist TxCDC in promotion and marketing in assigned market.
- Assist banks and client with loan closings to assure a great customer experience.
- Generate loans that maintain an acceptable level of performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.