TxCDC helps create jobs and opportunities in Texas communities by assisting enterprising owners with financing and growing their businesses.
At TxCDC, we’re all about creating jobs. We know one of the greatest challenges faced by small businesses is access to capital. That’s why we make it easy for eligible small business owners to apply for loans to use for fixed assets (such as building acquisition, construction or expansion, land purchases and site improvements) or major machinery or equipment to grow their business. Providing small businesses with capital leads to job creation, business growth and increased tax revenues for the community.
WHAT WE OFFER:
SBA 504 loans allow a business owner to access to up to 90% financing on your business’s building and/or equipment for projects up to $13.75 million. Of that amount, 50% will be from a bank loan, 40% will be from a TxCDC/SBA debenture, and the remaining 10% will be from owner investment).
Proceeds from loans must be used for fixed asset projects, such as:
- Purchasing land and improvements, including existing buildings, grading, street improvements, utilities, parking lots and landscaping
- Construction of new facilities or modernizing, renovating or converting existing facilities
- Purchasing machinery and equipment with at least a 10-year life. Equipment must be used in the operating business.
SBA 504 loans can be obtained for the following purposes:
- 80% financing for new businesses that need or use a special purpose buildings, which is a building that cannot be converted for another use without a large capital investment, such as a car wash.
- 85% financing for a new business.
- 85% financing for an established business that needs or uses a special purpose building.
- 90% for all other established businesses.
Owner-operated companies who use an SBA 504 loan must occupy 51% of an existing building. Small businesses that use an SBA 504 loan for new construction must occupy 60% of the new building. Maturities and amortizations of 10 and 20 years are available (10-10, 10-20 or 20-20).